funsec mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Gerald Eisenhaur]

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:48:21 -0500

On 1/11/06, TheGesus <thegesus () gmail com> wrote:
On 1/11/06, dudevanwinkle () gmail com <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
4 Months ago, Gerry contacted me. He said that if I came to Boulder, he
wouild pay me 50k up front to help him with a 1/4 mil contract he had
gotten RCE'ing csa 5.0 for cisco. He has since decided not to pay me
(after I quit my job and moved to CO in order to help him).

We in the security field refer to this as "social engineering".

Ja thats what I thought at first, but he "socially engineered" me into
the wrong state. Colorado has a law that makes it illegal to entice
people from out of state to work in Co, then not pay them. When this
happens, the jobless tend to be a drain on the welfare system. (which
I was _not_, couldnt bring myself to apply for food stamps ;-)

Also the violation of his NC agreement makes me think he is just a
stupid kid, not a malicious asshole. Then again, maybe I am the stupid
kid, but either way: I will take Barrie's words both to heart and as a
pre-requisite: get a contract next time, even when the deal is
"between friends".

thanks for all the advice guys

-JP