funsec mailing list archives

RE: Vulnerability-based IPS Patent

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:12:10 +0100 (BST)

So it's a bit baffling why anyone would feel the need to licence that
patent - or maybe the people who make the licence/don't licence decision
didn't talk to the techies?

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Nick FitzGerald wrote:

Richard M. Smith wrote:

Be interested to hear what you can dig up.  Virus Guard would have had to
ship before Sept. 29, 1991 to be considered prior art.  Had it shipped
between 9/29/1991 and 9/29/1992 things are more murky.  In addition, it's
functionality would have to match up with all the patent claims.

Further to Alan's and Roger's recolections that they shipped TSR
scanners prior to the prior-art cut-off for this patent, I submit the
following text verbatim from the Virus-L (don't ask) archives):