funsec mailing list archives

RE: Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror allbyourselves...

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:26:24 -0500

FDR and the Congress were able to summon the cojones and pass an actual
declaration of war.  And the country rallied.  We only lost 2,390.

WTF are you trying to say here? American dead in WWII were 292,131.
(http://www.cwc.lsu.edu/cwc/other/stats/warcost.htm)

Are you actually trying to say that it would have been OK if they had used
"Declaration of War" in the resolution? Would you have rallied behind the
president if they did?