funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror all byourselves...

From: Kevin McAleavey <kevinmca () nsclean com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:14:00 -0500

 Heh. Sorry to get ya's all worked up there over nothing. Maybe I oughta audition for Rupert Murdoch's thingy there.
:)

 I posted what I did in order to attempt to be "fair and balanced" by offering a "build-up" to the silliness and then
try to balance that cantilever. Don't mind me, though I've been professionally employed in "electronix countermeasures"
since 1972 and these video typewriter thingies we all use are amusing, my original background was as a combative
journalist with WBAI-FM in NYC and others, print media and a whole snootful of "liberals" way back then who pledged
allegiance to slogans and nonsense. Been there, done that. BECAUSE of my "journalism" training though, I can recognize
a dumpster when I smell one, and have a FINELY calibrated BS meter.    :)

 I threw that one out there because it invites a question - NOW that we've FOUND Saddam's Al Qaeda planning, what are
we going to do NOW? So far, not so good. (sound of crickets up and out)

 We have had an "enemy" for a long time. And the GIST of whatever fabiraction that might have been (or not) is
immaterial. We've STIRRED the hornet's nest now - and as a result, we're COMMITTED to what happens next. There's no
escaping that no matter what one's position politically might be.

 As to my OWN colorings ... yes, if "we're at war" as has been decided "officially" then it's GENUINELY time to get the
morons and the naysayers out of the way. I *do* partially agree with the "this makes Hitler look like a stand up comic"
as far the the "global political philosophy" goes ... but ultimately, the message for all is that it's TIME to put the
fruitcakes on ALL sides back in the belfry and wave garlic.   :)

 But I don't wanna do the "politics" thing here - only wanted to throw some stuff over the transom and see if it
managed to hit the three phase bus bar inside that cabinet. Growing up in NYC as I did before moving upstate, I kinda
enjoy a light show followed by darkness. Our local power company, "Con Head" gave us a few to ponder over the years.
Then I moved upstate where I came to realize that "lights out" was kinda a ritual.  :)

 Seriously though ... didn't intend to honk anyone, just wanted to see what reactions there were and what folks had to
say as a response to dumping the old chum bucket to see what floats. Heh.