funsec mailing list archives

Re: another VX site?

From: "dudevanwinkle () gmail com" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:09:49 -0800

Nick FitzGerald wrote:

If you want to talk about _the_ CARO naming scheme, I'd suggest that

you look at the _actual_ scheme, as it is (supopsed to be) used today:

  http://www.people.frisk-software.com/~bontchev/papers/naming.html

If you don't understand something, or think you have found an error,
shortcoming or contradiction, please ask about it as the odds are that
you don't understand something about the malware class/featrues/
functionality that naming scheme element is designed to deal with.

I thought that was what I was doing, asking. Either way: Thanks man! I
appreciate this list cause I can get accurate information. I will read
the current info and update my thinking accordingly ;-)

thanks again.

-JP