funsec mailing list archives

Re: No Place Left to Hide on Tomorrow's Net?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:48:13 -0500

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:30:22 PST, Jeff Rosowski said:
Still have DECNet on my network... sigh..

Unfortunately, I can't remember if the best technical fix for that is
a sharp wooden stick and a mallet, or the bell, the book, and the candles.

In either case, pouring a gallon or so of holy water (sterile saline solution
will do in a pinch) on it should prove things for upper management - if it
was true and righteous, nothing will happen.  If it starts to smoke and spark,
that's proof it was under unholy control....

(Although I'm not at all surprised that Yucca Mountain is still running DECNet.
The big question is if they'll still be running it in the year 25934. ;)