funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Trifecta is Now Complete....

From: Thomas M Carlsson <thomas () carlsson fm>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 08:19:13 +0000

Dude VanWinkle wrote:
If you cant see humor in the VP blasting a lawyer
> with pellets, then we may be too different to actually
> communicate.

Whether people like it or not, it's likely that the shooting incident will be remembered for years whenever Cheney or firearm safety is mentioned.

What I find most intriguing about the whole story is how someone (I don't care if it's a VP or not) with a gun can discharge it without properly seeing what he's shooting at. Sure -- I can see how some hunting mishaps can happen in dense forests when hunting larger animals, but surely it's a stretch to mistake quail for a man at shorter range. (Perhaps Dick Cheney thought they were hunting Quayle?)

Luckily, analysts have meticulously recreated the circumstances surrounding the shooting, offering us a detailed virtual simulator which allows us to relive the hunt through Cheney's eyes and improve our understanding of the event:

http://dickcheneyquailhunt.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Best Regards,

Thomas

(Just for the record, I'm not a Dem or Rep, nor will I protest if you make fun of Finns.. in fact, let me throw in a joke just to be sure: "Q: How do you know when Finn thinks about his future?" "A: He buys two cases of beer instead of just one.")

--
  Thomas M. Carlsson, Researcher
  mail () thomascarlsson com (E-Mail)