funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Trifecta is Now Complete....

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:34:39 -0600

--On February 27, 2006 8:09:43 PM -0500 Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

(OK Paul, fair is fair, these three were for you)

{{{sigh}}}

Let me try this again - this is the fun*sec* list, not the fun*pol* list. OK?

It's not a case of lightening up. It's a case of trying to elevate the discourse. There's enough crap on all sides of the political aisle (if there *is* such a thing a sides of the political aisle) to last us all a lifetime. ISTM that the one place we shouldn't have to endure the coarse and demeaning political "jokes" is on a professional list.

I don't want to hear Clinton jokes any more than I want to hear Bush jokes. One - they're not jokes, they're thinly disguised insults intended to irritate and two - they have nothing whatsoever to do with security. I put up with this crap on FD. Why do I have to put up with it here too?

Just so you know, I'm not alone - I'm just willing to speak out.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member