funsec mailing list archives

Re: Has World Oil Production Passed Its Peak?

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:35:44 -0500

On 2/16/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:

Science: Has World Oil Production Passed Its Peak?

Hopefully so, we need to get off the stuff. Not because "it supports
the terrorists", and not just to get back at Canada (well maybe a
little ;-), but because its the 21st Century for crying out loud.
Combustion is horribly inefficient and lacks class IMO. We need
smission already! (smooth fission=smission:)

Plus if you listen to this guy...
http://discover.com/issues/apr-04/rd/discover-data/
"Since 1751, roughly the start of the Industrial Revolution, humans
have burned the amount of fossil fuel that would have come from all
the plants on Earth for 13,300 years."

... we still have millions of years of biomass to drill through. Dont
let em scare ja, and read the fun fact below.

-JP

Fun Fact: What Country does America get most of its Oil from:

A: Iraq
B: Saudi Arabia
C Venezuela
D Canada

and the answer is: D: Canada!. Thats right Canada alone supplies as
much oil to the US as does the entire Middle East!

P.s.: Stop Posting /. articles that arent funny Pretty Please!