funsec mailing list archives

RE: join the spam poison community?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:53:25 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:24:09 -0600
From:                   "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>

Gary wrote:
http://spampoison.com/

I have had this on my blog for a couple of months...the idea makes
sense, but does it really work??

I rather suspect that it wouldn't make much difference.  I would think that a more
effective means of obtaining valid addresses would be harvesting from infected
machine that are part of spambotnets.  Robot harvesting from the web still goes
on, no doubt, but I wouldn't think it would be a major source of valid addresses
anymore.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
I think we have to realize that Canada is not immortal. But if it
is going to go, let it go with a bang rather than a whimper.
                            - Pierre Elliott Trudeau, March 30, 1988
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade