funsec mailing list archives

RE: Gadi Busted In Massive Conspiracy

From: "Gary Funck" <gary () intrepid com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 21:51:55 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: funsec-bounces () linuxbox org [mailto:funsec-bounces () linuxbox org]On
Behalf Of Randy Abrams
[...]

That said, later this month (and beyond) the MS Malicious software removal
tool will start tracking infection rates. This is likely to be a
fairly good indicator.

Good point, but regarding Microsoft's malware removal program, I
un-installed
it because it seemed to me that it found every kind of malware except the
stuff
that ended up on my daughter's PC, and most of the other minor labels like
Adaware and Ewido did a _much_ better job.

(I guess we _could_ change the subject line on this thread, but one aspect
of being "off topic" is being "off thread" as well, I suppose. <g>)