funsec mailing list archives

Re: ? - I don't know where to send this one, so I'm sending it here...

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:57:54 -0800

This is what I consider a relatively sad update.

Granted, yes it has been concluded that the file I have is Bagle.

I have received 2 updates from CA today.

I STILL can not detect that file as being a virus.  Either the zip or
the actual executable itself.

Man, am I ever not impressed.

Those of you in the market for eTrust,  I would keep this in mind.

I'm just glad that I was not the one that pitched for the contract on
this vendor.  Now I know why it was exponentially cheaper than the
rest of our bids.  Guess we shoulda listened to the competition that
recommended even if we didn't go with them (the competition for what
we purchased) that we would still be better of using our three or four
year old AV instead.  ;p

Once again, I would like to thank those of you that helped me out with this.

Rob.