funsec mailing list archives

Re: Nordea Sweden shuts Internet banking due to targeted phishing

From: Craig Webster <craig () xeriom net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:14:15 +0100

Hi,
Cheapest, most convenient, *and* most helpful -
it's gonna take a lot to make me move. :)

<argh>
It'd take very little to make me move and as far as I'm aware my bank
has fairly tight security and I haven't seen even one phishing scam
relating to it. Nice and secure, ATMs everywhere, cheap, evil little
sods that charge me at every possible opportunity, screw up basic things
like changing the date on a standing order, enjoy being as unhelpful as
possible when it comes to direct debits, lock me out of telephone
banking for giving the correct password and look down their noses at me
whenever I go into the branch.

Can you tell that I love my bank? And yet, as far as I'm aware they're
the best bank for me. I don't really care about security at this
moment in time -- I want customer service, I want access to advisors
and I want trained staff!
</argh>

Yours,
Craig
--
Craig Webster | web: http://xeriom.net/
Xeriom.NET    | tel: +44 (0)131 516 8595