funsec mailing list archives

Re: UltraDNS: Internet Security Shield?

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:44:08 +0200

* Fergie:

I'd be curious to hear your opinions on this:

 http://www.ultradns.com/about_us/dns_shield.cfm

These days, it seems that the main operational risk replication of
bogus data due to operator or implementation error.  Just replicating
the data more widely doesn't solve this problem.  It may help with
recovery, though, because some mistakes can put enormous stress on the
authoritative servers.

(Someone who remembers past events better than I should probably
comment on this.  Right now, I can't find any published descriptions
of typical TLD failure scenarios.)