funsec mailing list archives

RE: UltraDNS: Internet Security Shield?

From: "Aditya Deshmukh" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway strangled net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:18:49 +0530

Reading this as a DNS guy, I understood it to mean that the DNS servers
will actually somehow differentiate the DNS queries coming from the
attacking hosts, and NOT answer them, making it impossible for the
attackers to resolve the site being attacked, and allowing the site to
really remain fully up and running, for EVERYONE.  (Except the attacking
machines, of course.)

How are they going to differentiate between the attacking machine and a non
attacking machine? I would like to know this - and I guess most of the
people
On this list.

If you are blocking off the dns quries of the attackers ISP then you are
bloking
Off the whole set of *potential* users - give  us some tech details.