funsec mailing list archives

Re[4]: The end of Phishing in sight?

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:20:15 +0200

Good Day,

RMS> It would also be bad if someone knew the algorithm for generating random
RMS> numbers from a device, right?

It could. I am tempted to believe that there are cryptographically
secure algorithms that can achieve decent security, but again, I
haven't dived into a deep investigation at this point. And even if
there are perfect algorithms, I am sure there will be poor
implementations of them... and researchers carrying esoteric attacks
that will be slashdotted, etc...  etc...

I am not claiming this is the perfect solution, just a big
improvement.

--
Best regards,
 Pierre                            mailto:pierre () datarescue com