funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Getyour computer viruses here!]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:59:21 +0200

Why not? You got it via email spam, so did many others. Time is critical, and you can help.

Because if I send malware to someone, it's my responsibility to satisfy myself that doing so won't cause harm. I can't do that with an unvetted list. So, I can't send it to an unvetted list.

The Bad Guy will get it in a day anyway, or maybe even already has it.

On the other hand the Good Guys have a problem in defense because they didn't happen to get it via email yet.

How is you making it available, or SOMEONE ELSE for that matter, a Bad Thing?

Again, it is on the board in plain sight, you just make sure people can get it and not have to pass the Krondor's Mockers Bashers (thief's guild bullies) on the way.

        Gadi.