funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Malware sharing? People are full of shit [was: Get your computer viruses here!]

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:06:30 +0000 (GMT)

The point is that no matter what invention we humans get our hands on,
we will probably see every use imaginable for that product and some
unimaginable ones to boot. Nothing we say or do will stop or prevent
the chaos that follows new technology (50 years is still pretty new).

We will see every form of dissemination of information as well as
attempts to cull or stop the spread of it by both government and
individuals.

This is the "information should be free argument". The reply to that is
"If you believe that, then please post your credit card and identity
information on a public site"

Some information should not be disseminated. Your credit card number (and
mine) are examples.