funsec mailing list archives

Re: Austin hurricane panic insanity

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:42:53 -0700

From:                   "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date sent:              Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:23:06 GMT

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/04/61/39/image_1839614.jpg

What I find interesting is the almost untouched section of packaged snacks down the aisle. If people were *really* needing to stock up on emergency food, Twinkies (which, I agree, are not normally a dietary recommendation) would be pretty good. They have a very high energy content, they contain tons of preservatives, and so would keep without any refridgeration, and they are even individually packaged, which might be important if there is any flooding.

I noticed that in the picture too, and immediately thought "let them eat cake", but I figured that would be in poor taste.

                                                BB