funsec mailing list archives

Re: Rita and panic gas buying

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:43:50 +0200

Richard M. Smith wrote:
We hit $3.60+ in Boston.  I'm sure we will break this record this weekend or
earlier next week with so much refining capacity in Texas going offline.

Actually, some would say this is good for Global Economy. The US is fat on oil with rather low prices (that you bitch about anyway). US and China are the two biggest consumers of oil in the world and both should probably curve their enthusiasm. At the US by getting gas prices higher.

This will get me flames, but it's what every analyst out there would agree on. China is soon going to start draining half of the world's oil supply, and even if oil doesn't run out quite yet this is bad news for world economy.

        Gadi.