Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security contact @ Gigabyte

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:55:04 -0400

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 4:15 PM, Gustavo Sorondo <gs () cintainfinita com ar> wrote:
Hi list,

I'd like to know if anyone here know someone working on security at
Gigabyte (http://www.gigabyte.com/), since we are trying to responsibly
report a high risk security flaw we found.

We opened a ticket asking to be contacted by their security team, and the
answer we got was:

"Thanks for your interest, but we already have a security team for our
websites. Regards, GIGABYTE" (sigh)

So, if any of you knows someone in there, please let us know.

According to RFC 2142 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2142.txt), MAILBOX
NAMES FOR COMMON SERVICES, ROLES AND FUNCTIONS, you should be able to
use:

   secure () gigabyte com
   security () gigabyte com

I also rummage the WHOIS data and use the Administrative and Technical contacts:

   $ whois gigabyte.com | grep '@'
   Registrant Email: domains () marcaria com
   Admin Email: domains () marcaria com
   Tech Email: domains () marcaria com
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse () marcaria com

WHOIS data must be correct. Its an ICANN contractual obligation.

Jeff