Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: VPN provider helped track down alleged LulzSec member

From: Darren Martyn <d.martyn.fulldisclosure () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:25:42 +0100

Even Russian "bulletproof" hosts can screw you over. Heihachi were
committing massive fraud, and another hosting provider (offering hosting for
botnets) was simply stealing your bots all the time, according to what I am
told.

If one is dealing with criminals/crooks to further ones own criminal
enterprises... One should expect that ones "helpers" will screw one over.

VPN services are almost snake oil in a sense - secure from other (l)users,
but not from LEO/.mil/.gov.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM, James Condron