Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: VPN provider helped track down alleged LulzSec member

From: Benji <me () b3nji com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:53:03 +0100

Yes they do. If you buy a server in America for example, even if you are
located in Russia, they are required by federal law to hand over your
details wherever you may reside. I dont know where you've obtained this idea
that they can't.

Just because something is advertised as 'anonymous' doesnt mean it's 'so
anonymous you can break the law' and anyone using a EU/US-related country to
do this is either stupid or naive.