Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft's Binary Planting Clean-Up Mission

From: adam <adam () papsy net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:25:56 -0500

Plus: pretending that you're on the same page as Microsoft (from a security
standpoint) to further your own argument is more damaging than it is
beneficial. The entire "binary planting" concept was flawed from the very
beginning. If you can drop a binary file on a user's machine - make it an
executable and be done with it. There's nothing fancy or innovative about
forcing applications to use specific DLLs - script kiddies have been doing
it for over 10 years to inject custom code in multiplayer games.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Thor (Hammer of God)