Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Barracuda backdoor

From: bk <chort0 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:13:31 -0700

On Apr 29, 2011, at 6:11 AM, Cal Leeming wrote:

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 3:30 AM, bk <chort0 () gmail com> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 3:17 AM, bk <chort0 () gmail com> wrote:
On Apr 28, 2011, at 3:09 AM, Tõnu Samuel wrote:

One day their Barracuda product stopped working.

After investigating problem it came out that Barracuda reseller and
Barracuda itself have some misunderstandings and because of this
Barracuda not only disabled all kind of subscription services

You're unsubstantiated claims don't bare repeating.  I will however point out that many vendors disable some portion
of functionality when subscription or support payments lapse.  This is widely done in the industry and a surprise to
no one.

--
chort