Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: No anti-virus software? No internet connection

From: Jubei Trippataka <vpn.1.fanatic () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:48:49 +1000

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:41 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:55:25 +1000, "Ivan ." said:
Security is as easy as that......

http://www.news.com.au/technology/no-anti-virus-software-no-internet-connection/story-e6frfro0-1225882656490

OK. I'll bite.

1) What antivirus are they going to force me to install on my Fedora
laptop?

2) How will they verify the presense of A/V software on a properly
firewalled
system?

3) If the answer to (2) is "run some sort of agent software on every box",
in how many different ways can this end badly?

Trust you to break through the idealistic AV discussion with an ACTUAL
logical implementation question. Shame on you! You've just made Belinda's
shitlist.

--
ciao

JT