Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Why the IPS product designers concentrate on server side protection? why they are missing client protection

From: rajendra prasad <rajendra.palnaty () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:27:18 +0530

Hi List,

I think most of the arguments went in the wrong direction. I started this
discussion about the design issues of Network IPS,like buffering problems of
response data(client data), encrypted data(buffered data may in the
encryoted format) to give client side protection.

Nelson has started his views in perspective of HIPS. Cor Rosielle is
discussing in the same direction,. I am expecting the discussion on "Design
Issues of Network Intrusion Prevention System" for detecting client - side
attacks.

Thanks In Advance
Rajendra