Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Why the IPS product designers concentrate on server side protection? why they are missing client protection

From: Nelson Brito <nbrito () sekure org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:49:28 -0300

I still keep in capital: anyone MUST deploy Host IPS when adopting
Network IPS. If you don't do so you MUST keep in mind that you are
just approaching some threads, even because Host and Network IPS have
different approaches.

Otherwise you will THINK you're protected... But nobody can guarantee
that.

Regarding the aquisition of those solutions, of course it cannot be
done without a deep looking inside the corporate, but it doesn't mean
you don't have to...

When you decided to aquire a security solution you have to be careful
and have well designed criterias to do so, but, again, it doesn't mean
you don't have to aquire them.

About the known and unknown threads, I will not enter into this,
because it is kind of a phylosofical discussion.

Cheers.

Nelson Brito
Security Researcher
http://fnstenv.blogspot.com/

Please, help me to develop the ENG® SQL Fingerprint™ downloading it
from Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/mssqlfp/) or from
Sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mssqlfp/).

Sent on an  iPhone wireless device. Please, forgive any potential
misspellings!