Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Firefox Addon: KeyScrambler

From: mrx <mrx () propergander org uk>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:20:53 +0000

On 09/12/2010 19:33, Elazar Broad wrote:
Just lightly scratching the surface, KeyScrambler.sys is signed by
GlobalSign, strings reveals nothing interesting other than OpenSSL
0.9.8a is used.

elazar

Yes I noticed the RSA source code references in the disassembly.

Now I am curious if this implementation of OpenSSL is vulnerable to the various CVE's that have been issued against
0.9.8a.

CVE 2007-4995:Off-by one error in DTLS vulnerability
CVE 2007-5135:One byte buffer overflow in the SSL_get_shared_ciphers function
CVE 2007-3108:BN_from_montgomery side-channel attack.

And how it could be exploited if this is the case. I am not skilled enough to know.
However, if I was developing this software I would update it.

Cheers
Dave

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:26:49 -0500 Gary Baribault