Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Firefox Addon: KeyScrambler

From: mrx <mrx () propergander org uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 11:49:06 +0000

On 08/12/2010 11:36, Dan Kaminsky wrote:
Won't work against a hardware keylogger, as it gets the strokes before the driver does.

I guessed that, although on occasions I do miss the obvious.

Won't work against any software aware of it; thread inject into Firefox to get the real keystrokes and it's game
over.  Or heck, simply pretend to be a firefox process to get the decryption key, assuming it's not fixed.

I understand, So it's snake oil.

Would work against some stock, mass distributed keyloggers, I suppose?

Protection from script kiddies only? I get the picture.

Thanks for your input Dan.

Regards
Dave

Sent from my iPhone