Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: McKinnon a 'scapegoat for Pentagon insecurity'

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:14:25 +0100

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Jim Popovitch <yahoo () jimpop com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 23:02, n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com> wrote:
I'm talking about artificially ramping up something and giving a false
impression...

You are talking/writing about two different things.  Ramping up
something is different than falsely describing about ramping up
something.  I watched the video, I did not get the impression that
Marcus was speaking about creating a falsehood.

-Jim P.

I think he is going to lie to a president about the severity of the
threat, just like somebody lied to Bush about the severity of the
threat posed by Iraq.

Don't make the same mistake twice, learn our lessons from Iraq and move forward.

Lying about the threat isn't cool, just so you can get money from the
next administration.

If the next president starts thinking cyber security is an imminent
threat to national security, then who knows where we are going to end
up.

An unnecessary cyber war with other countries or cyber terrorists or
both, all because of a greedy Marcus Sachs and a false pretence?
Please don't do it Marcus, don't do it Marcus!!!

Setting up US-CERT was enough for you to achieve Marcus, now leave it
at that and go take up a new hobbie.

Don't ramp up cyber security as a national security item.

Definitions of fraud on the Web:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&pwst=1&defl=en&q=define:fraud&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

All the best,

n3td3v