Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Ford Motors IT Contact

From: Ray P <sixsigma98 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:18:52 +0000

When that stuff first showed up last year I emailed their ARIN contact and got a real person. They got back to me
within a day and said the same thing. SQL Slammer is a single packet UDP attack so their response is 100% plausible.

Ray

my networks regularly.

Let me guess .. it's 136.1.7.55 ?

Here's what I get (from ford) every time that IP pops up in our
automated abuse report ..

--snip--

Our investigation into this matter has determined that the recent onset
of attacks from this IP is the result of the IP being forged by an
external party.  External parties will commonly use IP addresses that
belong to large organizations to mask network traffic.

--snip--

Cheers,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University