Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Let's outlaw mass securityconferencespamming its f****** gay

From: Ureleet <ureleet () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:36:05 -0400

arent we already there?

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Jason <security () brvenik com> wrote:

We are now close to this space being full circle. The next step is that
the researchers will offer the vendor a chance to compete for the
information on the vuln IP market and as a result winning vendors can
choose to keep it to themselves...

Yep, Microsoft has won and we will soon be back to non-disclosure all
around.

Micheal Cottingham wrote:
I too have participated in ZDI as a researcher. It is a very good
program, and both the company and the researcher get what they want
out of the process. The company gets the time to fix the vulnerability
before everybody else finds out, and the researcher gets the
recognition (and some money) for their work. It is a win-win
situation.