Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Pro US government hackerganda

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:34:18 -0400

lostzero wrote:
You're looking at it from the wrong view.  The 20 terabytes didn't happen
overnight.  Without a starting time frame you have no idea how many "years"
it has been happening.  Not to mention they have workstations and servers
all over the world.  Which means no 1 agency or individual looks at all the
traffic from all the locations at the same time.  If your network produced
terabytes of traffic a day, 50-100mb isn't that eye catching.

Again many of you seem to be missing the bottom line here... "oh noes
deesa been from a many machines massa". Irrelevant. If someone is coming
into a GOVERNMENT AGENCY those machines with classified information
should be LOGGING and those LOGS should be MONITORED as per GOVERNMENT
rules. So whatever someone feels should have could have would have is
all irrelevant. There are rules set up for those in office to follow.
They're not being followed. Start threatening some of these people with
penalties I guarantee you that lazy ass SMSGT won't decide "Gee... I
think I'll put this Top Secret document on a public webserver so I can
see it later from home..." won't occur.

--
J. Oquendo
"Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta"

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF684C42E
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net