Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 0-day PDF exploit

From: "cocoruder ." <frankruder () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:18:32 +0000

Yes, you are right, the adobe's fault is allowing to call "mailto" URI without user's validate(they checked other URIs such as "http" but not "mailto"), but the "remote code execute" is due to MS's fault, I am not prefer or hate any vendor and anyone, but the initial disclosure misleaded me to believe there is a PDF file format vul because "the vulnerability affecting both Adobe Reader and Foxit Reader". Thanks for your infos again.

welcome to my blog:
http://ruder.cdut.net