Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wachovia Bank website sends confidential information

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:40:12 -0400

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:39:33 EDT, Jim Popovitch said:

7 days?   "industry practice"?   Come on Bob I know you know that large
corporations can't feed a cat in 7 days let alone make unscheduled
website changes that fast.  Change control approvals alone would include
14 or more days in most enterprises.   Why the rush to "say so"?

On the other hand, I think that they *could* manage at least a "Wow d00dz, we
really *do* have a hole there" reply and at least give a handwaving about
when they'd fix it.  Of course, actually *fixing* a design flaw that big
is going to take them *months*.