Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Panda Antivirus Enterprise Secure, Norton Antivirus 2005 and the virus "I Love You"

From: Joxean Koret <joxeankoret () yahoo es>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 18:08:28 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

It is not the end of the fun. I have been test the
viruses Tune and Melissa and, what a surprise, ClamAV
detects it, Panda Antivirus does not.

Attached goes another virus with "advanced encryption
methods", as the one I used (by changing the name of
one variable).

It's very-very-very fun...

---
 --- Joxean Koret <joxeankoret () yahoo es> wrote:

Sorry, the email was sended without the attachment.

---
Regards,
Joxean Koret

Attached goes a working "I Love You" virus in
which
changed ONLY the variable "dirsystem" with the
name
"kk2" (The file attached have the extension
".txt.gz",
otherwise, with the .vbs extension the file will
be
locked by all the most populars anti-viral
toolkits).

Disclaimer:
~~~~~~~~~~~

The information in this advisory and any of its
demonstrations is provided "as is" without any
warranty of any kind.

I am not liable for any direct or indirect damages
caused as a result of using the information or
demonstrations provided in any part of this
advisory.

Contact:
~~~~~~~~

        Joxean Koret at