Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Industry calls on Microsoft to scrap PatchTuesday for Critical flaws

From: "GroundZero Security" <fd () g-0 org>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:47:57 +0100

lol ?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: n3td3v
  To: secure () microsoft com ; full-disclosure () lists grok org uk
  Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:12 PM
  Subject: [Full-disclosure] Industry calls on Microsoft to scrap PatchTuesday for Critical flaws

  Dear Microsoft and Security Community,

  In light of WMF and recent HTA flaws, we n3td3v group are calling on the following:

  We are calling for Microsoft to scrap Patch Tuesday officially for critical flaws in its product line(s).

  You Microsoft must officially agree that all flaws marked as "Critical" must have a patch within 7 to 14 days of
public disclosure.

  People power will change policy by forwarding this e-mail to:

  secure () microsoft com

  Reason for this e-mail:

  Reports are coming into our intelligence body that mass HTA hacking is being carried out world wide.

  & of course unofficial patches cause a greater security risk than the flaw its self:

  http://groups.google.com/group/n3td3v/browse_thread/thread/83607ba833b697b0/8f0be3bc9c2436c4

  Links:

  n3td3v group HQ:
  http://groups.google.com/group/n3td3v