Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Industry calls on Microsoft to scrap Patch Tuesday for Critical flaws

From: n3td3v <n3td3v () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:12:23 +0000

Dear Microsoft and Security Community,

In light of WMF and recent HTA flaws, we n3td3v group are calling on the
following:

We are calling for Microsoft to scrap Patch Tuesday officially for
critical flaws in its product line(s).

You Microsoft must officially agree that all flaws marked as "Critical" must
have a patch within 7 to 14 days of public disclosure.

People power will change policy by forwarding this e-mail to:

secure () microsoft com

Reason for this e-mail:

Reports are coming into our intelligence body that mass HTA hacking is being
carried out world wide.

& of course unofficial patches cause a greater security risk than the flaw
its self:

http://groups.google.com/group/n3td3v/browse_thread/thread/83607ba833b697b0/8f0be3bc9c2436c4

Links:

n3td3v group HQ: