Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: scanning

From: <c0redump () ackers org uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:21:40 +0100

I agree with you David. The amount of times I have e-mailed abuse@ of a netblock letting them know that one of their boxes has been rooted and some little kiddie is doing brute force dictionary attacks against SSH for example (with logs). Haven't got one reply yet!

Additionally, all those attempts you see in your apache log files, 9/10 times they are worms. But then again, there are some stupid kiddies who will try IIS exploits on a *unix box.

Blacklist all .br/.kr/.jp/.cn IPs on your firewall already is what I say.

-- c0redump

----- Original Message ----- From: David Alanis