Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: breaking news tools, for an ever changing community

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:21:52 -0400

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:07:13 BST, n3td3v said:

by the actual account owner tries to login. think of it as a user friendly
account firewall, easily setup by kids and the elderly, because yahoo would
detect the isp trends of the actual account user, and all the user needs to
do is select yes or no to setup rules based on isp information yahoo
displays to them via a web interface. its as simple as 'yahoo detects you're
using aol, set your account to accept aol only access to this account?',
'add a new isp?', 'delete this isp?', 'make aol your default isp for this
account?' or if the user is too confused, yahoo can have a 'turn off isp
recognition for this account?'

Two words:   Open Proxies.  You configure "AOL Protection" because you're on
AOL and I'm on BT, and the first open proxy I can find in AOL space will
busticate the scheme quite well and proper.

35 million AOL users.  I'm sure there's still WinGate's out there. :)