Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 70 million computers are using Windows 98rightnow

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:06:04 -0400

Castigliola, Angelo wrote:

significantly lowering risk and still enjoy the
feature rich functionality that IE offers.

I stopped reading here. You're either joking, or trolling... because no sane person would make this statement.

Feature rich?

Man, are you all there mentally? Do you even know what web standards are? The only "features" missing are ActiveX compatibility (even that can be solved with a plug-in, but I wouldn't recommend it). Do you know how many sites I have to load in IE that I can't view in Firefox or Mozilla? (media rich sites, no less) None. Sure, there's the occasional site with a broken media plugin link (I'll happily point out that most of these sites don't work on a percentage of IE-based systems either, as they're coded poorly because brain-dead slobs think poor coding and IE-only compatability means "feature rich") but there's always a better site to go to that isn't riddled with spyware or crappy code. Not letting people view those sites is doing them a favor. Over-permissiveness is not a virtue or we'd all be marrying prostitutes.

You have to be joking. Either that or you read that off the back of a pamphlet for a web development training company.
            -bkfsec