Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 70 million computers are using Windows 98rightnow

From: clarkron <ron () pirates armstrong edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:37:38 -0400

Castigliola, Angelo wrote:
The reason I decided to respond to this thread is to point out that I
think running Internet Explorer or Outlook\Express as a
non-administrator (
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncode/
html/secure11152004.asp ) is a better solution then the open source
solutions that are notorious for features not working with Microsoft
rich websites (if the website\application loads at all). Seems like the
major computer nerds always recommend firefox for windows however if you
use a lot of .NET web applications then firefox is a very poor solution.
Since when does my not being able to view Microsoft rich web sites with firefox become my problem. I didn't design the site. I didn't get paid to design the site. I am not begging people to come visit the site. I'm not selling anything on the site. The Microsoft rich web sites that I cannot visit are not my problem. It's the problem of the designers and developers of the site who can no longer sell me whatever they wanted to sell because if I can't view their site I will go elsewhere.

Ron