Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: PC Firewall Choices

From: Stan Bubrouski <stan.bubrouski () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:41:34 -0500

Nancy,

I was not trying to make the point that ZA is some buggy unusable
crap.  Just that even properly configured we have encountered
instances where it misbehaves, behaves inconsistently, and slows down
web browsing with IE (not so much with opera or firefox apparently as
I tried that out last night under a few setups).

That said, configuring it correctly is key to its operation, if you
misclicked at some point and accidently set a rule not to allow
certain traffic or a certain application access to the network then
you may experience the problems you describe.  Please make sure you
review all the rules and specific application settings to make sure
your problems aren't configuration-related.

-sb