Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Cisco Certifications

From: "Christopher Carpenter" <ccarpenter () dswa net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:27:19 -0700

________________________________

From: full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk
[mailto:full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk] On Behalf Of Andrew
Smith
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 2:14 PM
To: Kerry Thompson
Cc: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] Cisco Certifications

Thanks for all the advice, I want the exam for more than the CV so I
think I will look in to purchasing some router equipment.

Are there any specific items of hardware I should look out for? I
checked ebay for "CCNA" in the hardware section and found one or two,
but they seem a tad over priced.

Again, thanks a lot!
Andrew Smith.

Get a couple of Cisco 2501 routers to practice with.  They're EXTREMELY
cheap (~$35 on Ebay), and if they have 16MB of RAM, they should handle
IOS 12.1, IIRC.  For switch practice, you can snag a Catalyst 1900.
Have fun.

Chris