Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Certifications

From: Alessio Pennasilico <mayhem () recursiva org>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 01:22:44 +0100

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 16:10 +0000, Andrew Smith wrote:

I'm considering trying to get some CISCO Certifications in the future,
but can't really afford the training.
I know a few people with certifications and they're willing to lend me
their books and some training material they have, assuming it's
possible to pass an exam without training is it possible to simply sit
the exam?
I'm in the UK here, and I can't seem to find anywhere that I can just
sit exams, all include training for $2,000+

no training is required by cisco to try and pass any exam. you can try
the same exam many and many times, without any restriction.
the question is "what's your goal?".

do you just want to put it on your CV? you just need to know the student
guide ...
instead, if you want to be a "cisco expert", buy some old and used
router and switch and work, work, work, try, test and work on them.

A certification without any competence is completely useless, from my
point of view.

a trying to sleep mayhem
--
E non parlarmi di sentimenti di sabato mattina che mi viene da vomitare
https://www.recursiva.org - Key on pgp.mit.edu ID B88FE057