Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MSIE (mshtml.dll) OBJECT tag vulnerability

From: "Aaron Gray" <angray () beeb net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 01:23:31 +0100

The only thing that I would add that ehat in an idea world firstly on
finding a vulnerability that an advisory is made to the product producer
then secondly to the list with an IDS fingerprint SNORT. Then not until a
reasonable time to fix the vulnerability the proof of concept exploit is
released (This gives time to hone the exploit as well :)

Sometimes (often, in fact) it's really hard to write a good SNORT signature that can't be reverse-engineered to give up enough info to create a PoC....

Maybe signatures should be able to be MD5'ed.

mmm, on second thoughts maybe it would be too processor intensive.

It may work on a window though ?

Don't know, I'll leave it to the experts :)

Aaron