Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: kiddie porn warning [was: Fwd: Re: montspace -- child porn (site still up)]

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:28:42 -0400

Guys, please refrain from going to that site or downloading it. In some western countries just having CP on your PC means your life can be completely ruined without much further evidence or investigation before-hand.

wget to STDOUT would be safe in such situations, no?

You can't "see" an image rendered that way, unless you're Rain Man and can mentally reassemble a JPG from text.

Motive is irrelevant. Leave this to the proper authorities.

Tried that .. emailed both the FBI and Interpol on three occasions .. and received no response. Perhaps if I picked up the phone and just talked to the dialtone .. then their evesdroppers would pick it up and act?

/mike.

PS: This begs the larger question on what, as a network operator do we do when we "stumble" upon such things? .. are we guilty just because we found it by accident (in this case, because some dipass posted a URL without warning as to the content) .. and try to be proactive in dealing with the problem (while simultaneously reporting it to the authorities)?