Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: RE: info on ip spoofing please

From: "Ian stuart Turnbull" <ian.t7 () hotmail co uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:50:03 +0100

very informative - thanks, time for another google or two methinks

From: "Arley Barros Leal" <arley.leal () sonae com>
To: "Neil Davis" <rg.viza () gmail com>,<full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] RE: info on ip spoofing please
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:34:18 +0100
Received: from lists.grok.org.uk ([195.184.125.51]) by bay0-pamc1-f1.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:35:44 -0700 Received: from lists.grok.org.uk (localhost [127.0.0.1])by lists.grok.org.uk (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8F5847F0;Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:34:48 +0100 (BST) Received: from lx1ims003.optimus.pt (unknown [62.169.69.2])by lists.grok.org.uk (Postfix) with SMTP id 1827665Bfor <full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>;Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:34:24 +0100 (BST) Received: from lx1exc2k002.optimus.pt ([172.1.50.60]) by lx1ims003.optimus.ptwith Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:34:22 +0100

My 2 cents...

Using ARP Cache Poisoning can actually force traffic to flow trough your host,
The man may get into the middle at any time in this scenario :-) ARP Cache
Poisoning/CAM Floodind/DHCP,BOOTP Spoofing is old school, but some, still very
effective on most of today's networks. You may wish to play around with
Cain&Able, dsniff, hunt etc..

Some not so old attacks explore protocols like STP/VTP/DTP/HSRP. One may use Vlan hoping/jumping attacks to trunk traffic from different VLANs, this will
let the attacker sniff traffic from remote broadcast domains as far as they
participate on the same VTP domain.

Cheers..