Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hacking Boot camps!

From: senator.crabgrass () comcast net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:39:10 +0000

The proof is in the pudding.  IMHO which is often not so H the cert game is nothing more than  a lucrative revenue
generator. For either the test givers or the vender pusher or the land of test king. Buy the initials if you must,
hands on and a solid understanding of how and why the stack works be it network or cpu will serve you well.

vote for me

- Most of their instructors are unqualified to answer any questions
that are not in their training books.

This is why I only do them as "challenge" certifications, and then only
when I'm looking for another job (managers like to see lots of initials
after your name).

Does *any* security cert say anything about the individual to whom it's
issued .. nope, just that they're persistent.

My $0.02.

Michael Holstein (lots of initials...)
Cleveland State University